Friday, April 16, 2004

She's so mean but I don't care
I love her eyes and her wild wild hair
dance to the beat that we love best
heading for the nineties
living in the wild wild west
the wild wild west
Escape Club, Wild, Wild West


Before I left for Portland, I bought 6 skeins of Berroco Suede to make this:

Ride 'em, Cowgirl! Berroco "Oakley" Shawl


Suede is so yummy. And Berroco is right -- it does feel like the real thing. My LYS didn't have the book containing the pattern, but I remembered scanning it at another store and that Oakley took 5 skeins. Being the semi-paranoid, afraid-of-running-out-of-yarn kinda gal that I am, I bought 6 skeins. I ended up finding the book at the Yarn Garden in Portland. When I opened it up to doublecheck the amount of Suede needed, a slip of paper fell out. It was an Errata page, informing the buyer that Oakley took 6 skeins. I feel ever so … psychic. Sy-kik. Sigh. Kick. OK, I'll stop now.

Freaky Friday Frivolity
Swiped from Nancy, who swiped it from Gidget, who swiped it from Iris, who swiped it from Monica (sounds like a "begets" lesson from the Bible :-)

A - Age: 42
B - Band listening to right now: The Cult, "Sonic Temple"
C - Career future: Fine Jewelry Designer (fingers crossed)
D - Dad's name: Mike
E - Easiest person to talk to: my husband Tom
F - Favorite song (right now): "Love Removal Machine" by The Cult
G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Neither (yuck)
H - Hometown: Portland, OR
I - Instruments: None
J - Job: Graphic Designer
K - Kids: RockStar, 15
L - Longest car ride ever: Driving from Portland, OR to Palm Springs, CA in 2 days (don't recommend it)
M - Mom's name: Judith
N - Number of people you slept with: None of your beeswax!
O - Observation: Kids these days have an overdeveloped and undeserved sense of entitlement. That scares me.
P - Phobia[s]: Having anything around my neck (scarf, turtleneck). I think I must have been strangled in a previous life …
Q - Quote: "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. --Mark Twain
R - Reason to smile: I found my soulmate. And married him.
S - Song you sang last: "Hey Mama," Black Eyed Peas
T - Time you wake up: 5:30
U - Unknown fact about me: I am a heavy metal music fan. Ozzy loves ya, man.
V - Vegetable you hate: Brussels Sprouts
W - Worst habit: Procrastinating
X - X-rays you've had: Teeth, esophagus & stomach.
Y - Yummy food: Chocolate. Chocolate. Did I say chocolate?
Z - Zodiac sign: Pisces. We're so melllllow. But don't piss us off. Or you're out of the Circle of Trust.

This'll Fill That Aching Void … or Spot on the Wall (Whichever Applies)
Bet you're missing this in your life. I know I am. Link courtesy of Gwen.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: