Friday, October 01, 2004

Yippee! It's Fried-Egg
Got some love in the mail from Vintage Knits:

Nice Aran booklet from 1960-something:


I love dolmans! From "Women's Day Needlework & Sweater Ideas," 1984:


The Microspun Sof'Bankie is zipping along -- I'm almost done with Skein 9 of 12. It's getting cooler here in the evenings -- I gotta get this blanket done! DH is going to start eyeing it hungrily.

Can't We All Just Get Along?
Or: "Get Off My Designer Suit"

Warning: mini-rant ahead. The opinions expressed are strictly those of the management and do not reflect the world at large. Just me. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Your mileage may vary.

I completely bypassed the Reality TV craze of the last 3 years, until this year. My obsession? The Apprentice. DH and I are completely hooked on this show. However, I don't agree with The Donald about pitting men against women, and here's why: Get any group of smart "alpha" women together, give them a task where a prize or objective is involved, and watch them rip each other apart. I swear, women are their own worst enemies. The group on this season's Apprentice almost make me ashamed to be a woman. Constant fingerpointing, backbiting, and infighting has caused Apex Corp. (the name of the women's group) to lose the last 3 challenges.

DH has a nickname for me: The Ultimate Chick. He calls me this because he says that even though I'm very feminine, I have the ability, when the situation calls for it, to think like a guy. The older I get, the less I can stand to be involved with a group of women where something has to get done. Don't misunderstand me, I fully love and enjoy being a woman, but I do admire the overall ability of men to get down to it and get a job done, with a minimum of fuss and bother. Granted, a lot of them go off in directions I wouldn't agree with, but geez, they don't sit around and analyze a situation to death, then blame and snipe at each other when things go south. OK, rant over. Thanks for indulging me.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

No comments: