Friday, May 28, 2004

Happy Fried Egg!
Whew! Thought Friday would never get here. I'm just finishing up a brutal publishing month at work. Twice a year we have a strange convergence where ALL our magazine titles are published at once -- monthlies, bi-monthlies, and quarterlies. Plus the Art Dept. is creating all the support materials for our Live Events team; they're getting ready to hit the road on their summer conference tour. I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, lemme tell you. And don't even reprimand me about making fun of handicapped people -- I had not one, but TWO, one-armed great grandfathers. They toured in the One-Armed Man Musical Band back in the Depression. Absolutely true story. The movie Big Fish coulda been about some of my fantastic forebears.

Knit Progress, or Lack Thereof
Knitting has come to a complete standstill here at Chez Yarnover. The Running Thang has taken up nearly every evening to some degree. My legs and derriere hurt quite nicely, but I'm persevering. Anyway, here's a shot of the oh-so-close-to-being-finished Neckdown Summer Cardi:



What's left to finish this little beauty? Two more rows of stockinette and 6 rows of K2P2 ribbing to finish up the right sleeve. Six rows of K2P2 for the neckband, and the 2 front bands. Then the Great Button Search begins. I'm glad I started this project so early due to the unanticipated time bog that's occurred over the last 3 weeks. I should have it done for Mom's July 5th BDay, barring any unforeseen catastrophes (duck and cover!).

Need Your Suggestions, Peeps
A coworker gifted me with a goodly quantity of lovely Paternayan 100% wool crewel yarn. Lots of colors, lovely yarn. See?



The only problem? The ends are all CUT!



Each strand is a little over 36" in length. I have no idea what to do with this yarn. Embroider a black wool penny rug? Striped wool hats or scarves? Does this yarn work well for socks? All suggestions gratefully entertained.

Happy Fried Egg, everyone. And a Happy Memorial Day to all armed forces personnel. Your sacrifice allows me to blather on the way I do. It does not go unappreciated. Blessings and good things to all of you.

No comments: