Thursday, July 22, 2004

Something to Cro(chet) About
If you ain't into being a hooker, move on, 'cuz I'm about to show you my latest score from Awesome Ewe:

Twilley's # 396 -- "Sheer Sophistication"


Sheer Sophistication Projects


Twilley's #391 -- "Ladies Fashion"


Ladies Fashion Projects


My favorite is the scarf on the far right from Sheer Sophistication. It's made from 3 balls of Twilleys Silky, a 100% rayon thread. I ordered 3 balls of Black from JKL Needles. I also splurged on a Boye Steel Crochet Hook Set. Hookin' fun coming up!

Radio Ruminations
So I'm driving along, and Stevie Wonder's "Part-Time Lovers" comes on the radio. Assuming that the song is somewhat autobiographical, I begin to wonder exactly how a blind person conducts an affair. In the song, he talks about sneaking around, talking on the phone, etc. How does a blind person accomplish this? For instance, if he's on the phone setting up an assignation with his amore, how does he know he's alone? Maybe his wife's right across the room. How would he know? And how does he get there? Automatically another person is involved, to at least drive Stevie to his offsite passion pit. Can you imagine if you were Stevie's wife and walked into the living room and found him whispering on the phone to another woman? "Damn you, Stevie! I told you to quit sneakin' around on me!" Sorry. It's just the way my mind works. I gotta wonder about the logistics of these things.

Happy Wednesday Thursday, everyone.

No comments: