Monday, August 30, 2004

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."
"To a Mouse", Robert Burns


I'm checking in briefly to thank everyone who commented, emailed, or sent e-cards over the past week. Your outpouring of care and concern was like a healing balm on my and DH's hurts. I'll be fine; I always am. But I worry about DH. He'd been wanting RockStar to live with him for so long, and to have it end like this has been very painful. We've had one phone call (initiated by DH), and other than that, no communication. We hope RS is in school (he wasn't as of the end of last week, and school started August 11th); I hope his mother is making sure he takes his ADD meds; is making sure he gets to bed on time 'cuz he's such a night owl if left to his own devices ... just because the kid is gone doesn't mean the worry left with him.

I was so optimistic about this summer. I envisioned myself running and having a blast training with DH, I looked forward to RockStar heading east to visit his mom so we'd all get a much-needed break from each other, and I looked forward to his return and the start of his junior year. Well. Things haven't quite worked out the way I'd envisioned. The knees haven't held up for running. RockStar's decamped for the East Coast. I know there's lessons to be learned from all this, but I'll be damned if I've figured out what they are.

My sincere thanks and gratitude to all of you for your kind words and encouragement. I'll be back soon. I am knitting through this mess. Appropriately enough, I'm knitting a throw, 'cuz that's what I feeling like doing right now. Throwing something. See you soon.

No comments: