Monday, August 16, 2004

More Stuff (I Have No Time For)
This pretty book showed up in the mail this weekend:



It's a nice book, but doesn't do more than just scratch the surface of most lace techniques. But the glove pattern on the cover is worth the price of admission! Plus, there's a nice section on Irish Lace, which I've never really understood until now.

Post Race Reflections
The AFC Half Marathon & 5K was a lot of fun, and a very good first race for me. I was a bit intimidated by the rush of runners at the beginning, and stuck close to DH for most of the race. It's interesting, my whole running style has changed in the 2 sessions I've had at the San Diego Running Institute. I kept surging past DH, then I'd slow down and wait for him to catch up. Over and over again, for the entire 3.1 miles. If I'd cut loose and went for it, I'd have been at about a 4.5mph pace. DH was amazed. He's always wanted to run faster, so he's off to see Gina at SDRI soon. The post-race mingling was fun, too. The rest of our team met up and compared race experiences, while scarfing down the complimentary bananas, oranges, and bottled water provided. Me 'n DH were the only ones doing the 5K -- DH could have done the half-marathon, but being the sweetheart he is, accompanied me during my first race :-) The other members of our team did the half-marathon. All in all, a lot of fun.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments: