Friday, October 17, 2003

In With the In Crowd
I was honored to be invited to a Knit Night at a new yarn store called Two Sisters & Ewe, located in La Mesa (a suburb of San Diego). Lynne Davidson found my name on the AranKnit list on YahooLists, and kindly invited me to the 3rd Thursday shindig. Shy gal that I am, my first instinct is always to say no. But I pushed myself, and went. And what do you know, I had a lot of fun! Paula and her sister Jane own the shop (hence the name), and it's very nicely stocked with Jo Sharp, Debbie Bliss, Noro, Regia, and all the usual suspects of yarn. Next time, the checkbook comes along! It ended up being just Lynne, Paula and me -- hopefully more knittin' peeps will show up next time. Thanks again, Lynne.

Pretty, Pretty Girl
My goofy little Blue Crown Parrot Maia says that about herself all the time. Over and over again -- pretty, pretty gurrrrl. It also applies to how I'll look wearing my LoTech Sweat made from this lovely Patons Canadiana yarn. Yes, Virginia, it's possible to be cheap and chic! The base shade of this yarn is a deep grape purple, with strands of burnt orange, medium blue, and olive green twisted in. I scanned in a chunk, but your monitor mileage may vary:



Inching along, but not forgotten, is the Lighthouse Gansey. I actually got almost an entire pattern sequence knit up last night at Two Sisters, while eatin' and chattin'. What can I say … I'm just a multi-tasking kind of gal :-)



My Tiny Effort
Speaking of parrots earlier reminded me that I got this in the mail the other day:



It’s my The Lola Project bag from Foster Parrots, a non-profit parrot rescue and adoption concern. The Lola Project is named for a greenwing macaw who suffered horrendous abuse at the hands of her owners. The proceeds from The Lola Project go toward building new housing and research facilities for Foster Parrots. I also make a regular monthly donation to Foster Parrots through Network for Good. It’s not a huge donation, but I sleep better at night knowing the good work that Marc Johnson is doing for these poor birds who can’t speak for themselves.

So I’ve got a cool new knitting bag and did some good at the same time. Not too shabby!

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

No comments: