Friday, April 23, 2004

I'd like to go fly past mountains
See mama frog at her fountain
Ambrosia, Mama Frog

(frog graphic pulled for bandwidth)


Yes, my children, it's off to the frog pond we go! To commemorate my occasional dunks among the cattails, I whipped up Mama Frog in Adobe Illustrator awhile back.

Both Big Cotton Cardie and Shades of Roses Painted Scarf got dunked in the pond over the past few days. Big Cotton was frogged back a dozen or so rows 'cuz I messed up the short rowing around the wrists. I reacquainted myself with short rows with Bonne Marie's excellent tutorial, and reknit the rows. Pictures on Monday. The Roses Scarf also needed some minor frogging (about 3 rows), but it really hurt to unravel them, since they represented about 3 hours of work! Pictures of Roses on Monday, too.

Apropos of Nothing -- 10 Songs of the Sea
Well, actually I'm prompted by the memory of my maternal grandfather teaching Sea Shanties to my little brother (not always the "clean" ones, either!). My brother has been in the Navy for 13 years, now. I'm very proud of him.

  • Beyond the Sea, Bobby Darin

  • Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Looking Glass

  • Captain of Her Heart, Double

  • Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude, Jimmy Buffett

  • If I Had a Boat, Lyle Lovett

  • I'm Your Captain, Grand Funk Railroad

  • Southern Cross, Crosby, Stills & Nash

  • Sailing, Christopher Cross

  • Sea of Love, The Honeydrippers

  • Son of a Son of a Sailor, Jimmy Buffett


  • Happy Friday, everyone!

    No comments: