Monday, June 14, 2004

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and fillet gumbo
Cause tonight, i'm gonna see my ma cher a mi-o
Pick guitar, fill fruit far and be gay-o
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou
Jamabalaya


Spell "fillet" with one "t" and you've got my current obsession -- filet crochet. Here's my progress on Summer Breeze Cardigan (formerly Filet Crochet Cardi):



New additions to The Stash That Ate San Diego:

Plymouth Turino 100% Silk from Elann. Boy, am I sorry I didn't buy more of this ... they're sold out.


Turino Silk is slated for this -- Just One More Row's "Pacific Grove Pullover"


Also ordered Fiber Trend's "Spirit of the Southwest" Shawl pattern:


I've got a few hanks of laceweight 100% merino that would work for the Southwest shawl. Just need more time ... more time ... aargh!

Musings on Motion
Check it, peeps. I've just completed my 5th full week of training as of Sunday. On that day I ran for 45 minutes, then walked for 30 more. 75 minutes of forward motion. When I started my training, I couldn't complete an entire 400 meter lap at the track. Amazing. I owe it all to my brilliant coaches, two inspiring young men from Brazil with a total of about 8% body fat between both of them, and my wonderful husband, who cheerfully grinds out up to 2 workouts per day, 6 days per week. I'm just drafting along in DH's wake and following the instructions of Felipe and Ricardo, my trainers. I haven't really lost any weight, but I can feel everything tightening up. Way cool. Not bad for a 42yo broad whose general philosophy is, "Why walk when you can stand? Why stand when you can sit? Why sit when you can lie?" Or something like that :-)

Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments: