Monday, March 29, 2004

Mundane Monday
Eh, it's Monday. We have a Santa Ana wind condition here in San Diego, making for a bee-yoo-ti-ful clear sunny day at the beach, where I most definitely will not be. Oh well.

Got a lot done on the Left and Right Fronts of Cabled Hoodie:



Good Customer Service Experience
In this era of "the customer isn't king," I like to give kudos where deserved. I subscribe to the Knitting Beyond the Hebrides knitting list. Occasionally, mention is made of the Interweave Knits Winter 99/00 issue featuring Jade Starmore's very pretty "Beadwork" cardigan pattern (pages 44-47). This issue is no longer available in print and can be found on EBay, if one is willing to pay the premium to obtain the issue. At this time, I am not. So I was pleased to discover a recent KBTH message thread revealing this nugget of info: if one calls Interweave Press Customer Service they will, for a $5.00 per article fee, photocopy any article featured in issues that are no longer available in print. They have a handy index to locate the issue that contains the article you're looking for.

I am willing to pay $5.00 for this pattern. I called the number (800-272-2193), and spoke to a very nice lady in Customer Service (whose name I cannot remember!). She grabbed her back copy of Winter 99/00, verified the article, and said, "Oh, that's only 4 pages! If you don't mind a black and white photocopy, I'll just drop it in the mail for you." At no charge. Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. When was the last time someone went out of their way to do something nice for you, at no benefit to themselves? Yup, I received a Knitting Mitzvah. You rule, Interweave Press.

Eye Opener
Watched the movie Thirteen on pay-per-view yesterday. My God, what a disturbing movie. I know that all girls are not like 13yo Tracy and Evie, but this movie reminded me that there were always a couple of girls you remember in 7th and 8th grade who flew much closer to the sun than the rest of us. I've forgotten many of the names of "nice girls" that I attended school with (of which I was one), but I can still name the half-dozen "bad girls." Strange, that.

Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments: