Monday, September 22, 2003

I Can Say I Knew Him When ...
Just what every budding RockStar needs, a hoodie made of Lion Brand Homespun. I started RockStar's sweater late last year, but abandoned it because I couldn't stand working with Homespun yarn. It's pretty squirrelly stuff and it gives me the heebie-jeebies while knitting with it. However, RockStar has watched me complete at least 3 other sweaters in the meantime, and has gone from casting plaintive glances at his abandoned hoodie, to (in the last few weeks) pointedly asking, "When are you going to finish MY sweater?" Never mind that it's still 90 degrees every day here in San Diego. The kid wants his damn sweater. So yesterday I sewed up the shoulder seams, cast on the for hood, and knitted 4". Here's RockStar modeling yesterday's progress:

The Ozzy Glasses really class up that Homespun yarn, eh?


The mailman was ever so nice to me today:



Yarn and shawl pattern from Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mills. Yum.

Gotta go. Time to feed 1 husband, 1 teenager, 5 parrots, 1 dog and 1 cat. Have a nice evening, everyone.

No comments: