Friday, June 27, 2003

Promises, Promises
Yeah, I know I promised pictures of the SFH (Sweater from Hell), aka the Aran Cardie when it was finished. Well, technically it's finished, but I don't like the buttons I originally chose and am going in search of new ones after work tonight. So neener, neener, you gotta wait one more day to see it. It'll be worth it, I promise!

There's something magical about assembling a sweater -- taking a lumpy mass of knitted fabric, sewing the seams, weaving the ends, sewing on buttons, then ... a beautiful sweater appears. I hung the Aran Cardie on a hangar and just stared at it for the entire evening. I can't believe that a project that caused me so much grief turned out so lovely. There's only one hitch ... it's going to be too big for my petite mother. Since it's made with Plymouth's Encore, I'm tempted to wash and dry it on gentle cycles and take advantage of that 20% wool content to shrink it a bit.

Amy Knits! Premieres: The Friday Five

  1. How are you planning to spend the summer? Trying to lose the weight I gained over the past year.
  2. What was your first summer job? Babysitting Berkeley Johnson, Child of Satan, and his sisters.
  3. If you could go anywhere this summer, where would you go? Ireland, ancestral home of my curmudgeonly Irish spitfire of a grandmother. She died last November and I miss every single day.
  4. What was your worst vacation ever? Any vacation I took with my ex-husband. He always managed to reduce me to tears over something.
  5. What was your best vacation ever? My first trip to London 5 years ago with my present husband, the love of my life.

No comments: