Monday, June 30, 2003

And They Said It Couldn't Be Done ...
I'd like to thank the Academy, the producers, and all the little people! The SFH (Sweater from Hell), aka the Aran Cardie, is ready for its closeup, Mr. DeMille!

The Front


The Back


The Neck


Sleeve Detail


Front Detail


Back Detail


SFH gets wrapped in festive birthday paper & ribbons and mailed to my mother in Portland, OR in time for her birthday this Saturday. It's too bloody hot to wear it in Oregon this time of year, but I think she'll enjoy snuggling up in it this fall. Funny how, like childbirth, the pain of making this sweater faded away immediately after seeing it in its fully-assembled glory. I'm actually thinking of making another one for ME! Somebody take my temperature, I must be running a fever.

ChicKnits Rules!
Bonne Marie has done it again! Go NOW to her webpage and buy her latest downloadable pattern for the "ChicKami," an adorable knit camisole in DK weight yarn. Bonne's patterns are as well-thought out as her website. Using PayPal, I had my ChicKami pattern (in Adobe Acrobat PDF format) purchased and downloaded in under 3 minutes! Now that's speed chic!

On The Horizon
The Dump Truck Pullover for my 6yo nephew is humming along. I haven't done intarsia in years, so fiddling with bobbins was kind of weird at first, but it's coming back to me. Pictures tomorrow. Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments: