Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Sigh. I've only been blogging for 5 weeks now and I'm starting to realize that the care and feeding of a daily blog is a real commitment. I admire daily bloggers like Bonne Marie and Wendy. Not only are they among the most prolific knitters I've ever seen, they provide fun and interesting blog material for all of us to enjoy. I also enjoy Pioneer Melissa's thoughtful insights and the loving way she writes about her family.

I must confess that I signed onto Blogger several times yesterday, fully intending to post an entry. But I'm currently experiencing severe "start-itis" and can't seem to settle on a new knitting project. The Dump Truck Sweater for my nephew has been frogged. I found 2 holes in the intarsia where I hadn't crossed the new color under the old. It's been so long since I've done intarsia that I wasn't maintaining a consistent tension on my floats, either. So I got disgusted and ripped it back to the ribbing. The Trudie Vest for Mom has been swatched and cast on and hasn't gone any further. The Horse Blanket (aka Einstein) for my sister is too hot to work on. I need to seam the shoulders and knit the hood onto a hooded pullover for my stepson (aka RockStar), but that hasn't grabbed my attention, either.

So until the knitting indecisiveness sorts itself out, all I have to talk about is ... me. And I'll be the first to admit that talking about myself, especially in public, is extremely difficult. I am by nature a *very* private person. And very shy. So bear with me while I figure this out.

Summer Reading
It's official - I've become hooked on Harry Potter. I checked out #3 and #4 from the library to read on vacation. #1 and #2 seemed pretty close to the movie versions (both of which I've seen), so I figured I'd get to those some other time. I started #3 on Friday in Tucson, and finished it on Saturday when we got home. I started #4 Saturday evening, and read straight through until I finished it late Sunday afternoon (yes, I read extremely fast). I had to know what happened next! As soon as I read the last page of #4, I begged DH to take me to Borders to pick up #5. I'd just passed it up at Borders the week before. So naturally, they were out of #5 when we got there. Curses! So we meander over to Costco, who was also out (I'd seen them there the week before, too). I was so disappointed that DH ordered it from Amazon when we got home. He also got #1 and #2 in paperback so now I can read the whole series. Then, like everyone else, I'm stuck waiting for the next one. Please, J.K. Rowling, don't bask in your millions for too long before writing #6!

No comments: